Welcome to Hearts Made Whole Counseling, LLC!
Hearts Made Whole Counseling exists to help you learn how to embrace self-acceptance and live your life from a place of wholeness. We will teach you skills that will help you learn how to show up in the world, and with others, and BE the most authentic version of yourself. This takes a lot of courage.
I once heard Brene´Brown state that courage is a heart word because the original definition of the word means "to speak one's mind by telling all one's heart". Choosing to open up about yourself and your challenges often requires a certain level of risk and vulnerability. However, this decision can often result in a heart that no longer remains hidden behind fear, anxiety, and shame. And, while you may believe that your “hidden hurts” only affect your personal well-being, they can also impact the relationship you have with others.
So, are you ready to let go of the things that are holding you back from risking vulnerability, standing in courage, and being the real you? If so, click the button below to schedule an appointment and let's begin your journey toward a renewed heart and renewed hope.
As long as I can remember, I have found myself counseling others. Now, as a professional counselor, I’ve learned two things about people and pain.
- Most people genuinely want to change.
- People change by embracing pain, not by avoiding it.
I believe we often want to avoid pain rather than embrace it because embracing it means you will experience hurt. In counseling others and, even from my own personal experience, I know for certain that what lies on the opposite side of pain far outweighs the struggle of moving past it.
- Recognize how negative thoughts and beliefs and long standing behavior patterns keep you stuck in a cycle of pain.
- Understand how your relationship to your parents, as well as past traumatic events, have shaped your core beliefs and can be impacting your current decisions and/or relationships.
- Identify and challenge the reasons you feel “not good enough”.
- Learn practical skills to help improve your relationship and manage conflict in a healthy and positive way.
- Live balanced lives that integrate your mental, physical, and spiritual well-being.
My Certifications & Credentials
I hold a Master’s degree in Marriage & Family Therapy and have more than 10 years of experience counseling adults and couples. I am trained in The Daring Way™ and Rising Strong™, based on the research of Brene´ Brown, and offer individual groups and workshops that cover topics such as courage, worthiness, vulnerability, and shame. To learn more about The Daring Way, click here.
The Daring Way™ was created to help individuals to develop shame resilience skills and daily practices that transform the way we live, love, parent and lead.
Rising Strong™ is based on the simple physics of vulnerability: If we are brave enough, often enough, we will fall. This is a curriculum about what it takes to get back up, and how owning our stories of struggle gives us the power to write a daring new ending. Struggle can be our greatest call to courage and the clearest path to a wholehearted life.